Friday, December 11, 2009

deciding not to submit

It's been two years since I started this project, and I'm finally "done" with the film. I put quotation marks around the word "done," because the film isn't ready to be submitted to festivals or released for public viewing online, and there's a chance that it'll never be ready.

When I started this project, I wanted to make a film that both I and the Texas Rose Festival Association would be proud of. This film would would spark constructive dialogue among those who love the Festival and those who have never seen a reason to love it.

Right now the film makes an attempt in this direction, but doesn't really get there. The TRF Executive Committee (who originally gave me permission to film) said that the result of the project was "a little disturbing," but they still gave me permission to submit the film to festivals and move toward public distribution.

I decided to hold the film back, though, and wait until I have a chance to talk to the committee face-to-face about the film.

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this project, especially Jon Ho.

No comments: